What is live streaming?
Live streaming refers to online streaming media simultaneously recorded & broadcast in real-time. it is often referred to simply as streaming, but the term is ambiguous because “streaming” may refer to any media delivered & played back simultaneously without reguiring a completely downloaded file. Non-live medias such as video-on-demand ,youtube, videos, etc are technically streamed, but not live streamed.
What we need?
For Live Streaming create Event
- We need a bright cove video cloud account credential access.
- Enter create event name.
- We have enter all the field like short description,tags, genres, Is premium, Content type, streaming to social media, Live ingest profile, renditions, stream option or advance option
- And then Copy the link RTMP and stream live.
- After we click on the create event button.
- When we filled all the information of the live event like, Video information, images, custom fields, availability, text track we have add for the live event.
To begin the live streaming, copy this URL string and keys into your encoder.
Here, is the live streaming code for we have to add RTMP URL link and keys. And run this command on the command prompt.
ffmpeg -re -i /home/crazyboy/Downloads/dark.mp4 -acodec copy -vcodec copy -f flv rtmp://ep9-usw2.bcovlive.io:1935/51b4b8c9c09342c199b60c7eff2c9dfa/alive
When we run the command on the command prompt it will start the live event.